9.25.2010

To live is a choice...

This week has been hard.

It's hard getting 23 little people prepared for first grade. It's hard to settle into routine. It's hard to keep up with my calendar...I missed a few things because it was packed. It's hard to be sick & still keep up with 23 little people. Each night I fell into my bed. I fell out of bed in the morning, too. It's hard to average 5 hours of sleep a night...there's so much to do! It's hard to help plan a wedding...and to think of your baby brother as a soon to be married man. It's hard to feel forgotten...it's hard to remember that that is only a feeling...not truth.

You see, there are hard things every single day. Can''t we all say that? We can choose to complain and grumble over the hardships OR we can choose to live.

God is revealing so many things to me. He's showing me the gift of finding true joy in the things that appear to be mundane. Note...I said, appear. My days are a gift. It's a gift to be a six year old's hand to hold. It's a gift to spend 7 hours a day with someone else's greatest blessing. Even when it's hard...it's a gift. It's a gift to have a full calendar. That means that I'm LIVING. It means I'm spending time with people that I love and/or doing things that I love. It's a gift to help plan a big event in someone's life. It's even more of a gift to have a "baby" brother (who makes my heart burst with happiness..ahem..anyway) who has found love and the most perfect lady. It's a gift to know the difference between feelings and truth.

I drove home today from my soon to be sister in law's bridal shower and I was overcome with thanksgiving. All of me felt the weight of love, grace, and the ease of the things that were thought to be hard. The hard didn't matter so much because I am choosing to live.


So,

really...this week wasn't hard. It was living. I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment