12.14.2008

If we could trust like Mary....

Today was one of those days at PCC where I stood in awe. Brian’s sermon was on Mary’s perspective of Jesus’ birth. What in the world must’ve gone through her mind? It really was one giant leap of faith. Mary had to trust that God would not only carry her through this but also guide Joseph’s heart, and provide in ways that most of us can not comprehend. This service came at the perfect time.

I watched “The Nativity Story” with my friend Andy last night. What an incredible journey that movie takes you on. The trust that Mary puts into God’s word should be inspiring to all of us Christians. Do we do that today? How often do we hear what God is nudging us to do, and actually do it? I know that I don’t do it near as often as I should.

Today’s service ended with the song, “A baby changes everything.” That song is phenomenal in itself, however, the execution of it on PCC’s stage today made it ten times better. Sandy began singing it, and it faded out so that Brian could “bring it on home!” Brian asked the congregation to trust him…he asked all of our single mother’s to stand up. One by one I see these women stand. I didn’t know where Brian was going with this and in all honesty I was nervous. Brian then asks the congregation to surround these women, because we are called by God to love and support one another. In an instant God’s people surrounded these women: some people were hugging, some laying hands on one another, some weeping, but all of us loving. My friend Bob described it as, “Watching the Spirit move across the room.” Brian ended in prayer…and Sandy’s voice radiated through that auditorium. Wow.

I stayed after and talked to so many of our PCC people. They were all in awe of what God had just done in that room. More so we were all in awe of what God does in each of our lives everyday. The challenge is to be obedient and to follow God’s direction. If Mary can, can’t we? Listen to Him…watch your life transform, and watch lives around you transform. My heart is full of God’s goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment