I think you'd have to be living under a rock if you hadn't heard about all that has happened in the life of Tiger Woods. Just the mention of his name now brings thoughts of: cheater, worthless, and even "WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!" Most often those thoughts are spoken and spoken in a tone of disgust.
However, Nike has released a new ad featuring Tiger Woods.
Wow. I look at his face, his eyes, and I listen to his father's voice...wow. This is a broken man. This is a man who did make poor choices but this is not a man that deserves our judgement. We are all broken in some form-the only difference? Our mistakes aren't blasted on every station, or written about in the latest issue, and to be honest, most of our mistakes remain hidden.
I talk daily about a God who provides second, third, fourth, fifth, etc chances. I'm incredibly thankful for my God. Yet, it's a shame that I often don't do that with others. I'm quick to judge. I'm quick to forget there is a broken person behind every mistake...no matter the size of the mistake. I forget, that like Tiger, I am broken, too.
Props to Nike for helping me remember that. I don't know if they have a bigger agenda but I am reminded today of my brokeness and of the people who have walked along side me as well as my mistakes.
Nike reminds me of more than a product. They reminded me of redemption.
Look for yourself...
I hadn't seen this.
ReplyDeleteVery powerful.
Great post.