"If apple blossoms grow in heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me. Place them in my dad's arms & tell him that they are from me. Tell him that I love him and I miss him. When he turns to smile place a kiss on his cheek and hold him for awhile. Remembering him is easy...I do it everyday. There is still that ache in my heart and the continuous void in my day to day. Just keep holding him and send me lil reminders of him."Today is father's day. I never thought much about it before. I purchased the card, wrote a sweet note, and picked up a gift that I thought he might like. Then, I moved on with my week. Now, it's different. There's no card to buy...no note to write. My heart aches everyday so to say that I feel it more on this day would just be a lie.
What makes me smile on days like this? Remembering the man that he was. He wasn't perfect but he was my dad and he so loved me. He was genuine, quiet, shy, tempermental, dedicated, loyal, and he had eyes that smiled. I love(d) that man.
Someone has a lot to live up to one day... :)
6.20.2010
[father's day]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment