Do you know someone who fits in their skin perfectly? I do. She's 28, tall, has long brown hair, brilliant eyes, and perfectly long fingers. But that's only her outside. On the inside she defines strength, truth, love, logic, and she has pushed through the pain. The pain that would love to define her and change her. Life has not been ideal. Divorced parents, a dad that forgot long ago what his role should've been, crappy boyfriends, and far too many addresses to count.
However, you'd never know it. She's private. There are these calm places within her, that if you stick around long enough, she'll reveal. She understands forgiveness from both sides. She's the queen of second chances. The calm after the storm wreaks havoc. She loves deeply and is loved deeply. Now, the above is what you all might see if you get a chance to know her.
She's all of that to me & then some.
She's the one that celebrated graduations, boys, and life's moments with me. She held my hand the day we buried my dad and I laid in the floor mid panic attack. She helps me figure out life on my front porch-we have the best conversations. She knows where I've been and loves me still. She encourages all of the places I've yet to go. She reminds me that just because I feel it doesn't always make it truth. She's my phone call when something big happens. She can look at me and know my mood or what I'm thinking and vice versa. She's seen my ugly-eek. :) She's a text or snail mail away when a need a lil reminder that I am loved. She prays for me. She believes, even when I don't, that he's still out there...that love is still out there. She can be crude, vulgar, intimidating, and she is incredibly funny. She knows who she is and she owns it.
She is my best friend, Lana. Right now, she just rocked out school. She's in love. She's living in the times that God has promised...the fruit. She's wearing happy...and it suits her very nicely.
Here we are...12+ years...


And here she is flyin' solo...told you-she's wearing happy quite well. :)
PS Told you I'd update. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment