1.21.2009

Happy Birthday, M.E.

A week ago I turned 28. Holy Moly...two years away from 30. I always had this vision of what I thought being in your upper 20's would look like. Perhaps married...maybe a kid or two...working...I don't know. It always changed depending on my mood.

Well, this is what 28 looks like for me today. I'm a homeowner, single, one cat, 3 years of teaching under my belt, an incredible small group, a fabulous church, and a God that continues to carry me. When I look at it that way I am able to have some perspective.

You see I am constantly looking ahead. What's next? What part of life comes next? I'm always thinking that tomorrow is coming today. Because I tend to do that quite a bit I become disappointed quite a bit. I get so caught up in the what's next that I forget to appreciate today. I forget to appreciate the air in my lungs, the house that I live in, the fact that I can pay my bills this month, the mom that I have that loves me more than life, the job that I still have, and the grace that God provides me with everyday.

If I continue to live with that mindset it will all pass me by. I'll wake up one day and be 40, then 50, then 60..and so on, and so on.

I'm seeking purpose...I'm seeking God's plan. I keep thinking it's some far off thing. When really God is molding me today...right now...this second...even as I type this. That excites me. It excites me to think about how far He has carried me, and how He'll use my life for His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment