5.07.2009

Time

"If you knew what I do of time...you wouldn't talk about wasting it."

My grandmother who was born in 1919 went into a nursing home today. *sigh*

Life is harsh sometimes. This fact still doesn't seem real to me. She played a huge role in helping to raise me. She drove me places, sat up late playing cards with me, let me sleep in her bed when I was scared, and has loved me through every poor choice I've made. She was an advocate for me. How is it possible that this is what's happening right now? It's bizarre to me.

1919. Holy cow-imagine all of the things she's been a witness to. She raised 6 babies, and has outlived two of them. Life at times was hard for her I'm sure, however, she has the best sense of humor...even now.

Pray for her. Pray for her spirits. I still have this overwhelming pain in my heart when I think about her being there...alone.tonight.

Growing old is bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment