3.25.2009

I'm an apple?

I was compared to an apple today. Not just any apple but one on the tip top of a tree. Let me put it in context.

The ladies in the office at my work were talking about relationships. I often come up because I am one of the few single ladies. *cue music..."all the single ladies...all the single ladies...*Uh ohh...put your hands up! :) One of the ladies said to me, "Don't worry about it. You are like an apple high on top of the tree, and one day someone who really values you will climb that ladder to reach you."

Take a minute, laugh at the cheesy. I did. That comment was well intended, and appreciated but it seemed so goofy to me.

It made me laugh because I was just having a similar conversation with a good friend the other day. We were talking about how so many well intentioned people say, "Don't worry God is just preparing his heart for you." We always laugh because we know how screwed up we are. I think it might be the other way around-he's ready, and God is asking him to be patient because he's preparing a whole lot of things within me for him. Ha.


Ironic how we often think we are the ones that have it all together, and we comfort ourselves by turning the table.

I'm just happy to be compared to the apple that's still on the tree, and not the one that's rotted and fallen to the ground.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be a banana...or perhaps an orange?

It's way too late. This produce needs sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Or maybe in the words of Charlie you could be "an orange, bannanna, with a cherry on top"!

    ReplyDelete