As shown in my post below I've been thinking a lot about the waiting room. I think God has helped me clarify why waiting is important in all areas of life.
I've been spending a lot of time with my Nanny these past few weeks. We are at the point now where she's sleeps most of the time. People come by to visit and a lot of conversations are occuring. A lot of people have made mention to God's timing and usually that's followed with, "When is her time? When will God call her home?" I've thought about this and this is what I came up with.
As humans we sometimes get so involved in the details that we lose our focus and we can't see the big picture. We wonder, "What's the point in God not taking her now?" She's not eating, drinking, and she's lost most of her function. My answer? Well, God's not done using her yet. One might ask, how can He use her when she's not active? He can use her because people that visit who never mention God are now mentioning Him. He can use her life as an example of someone who lived for Him and as someone who always had Jesus in her hurt. What's the biggest way I saw Him use her?
Sunday afternoon I went by to visit her. Most people were crying...some were at a loss for words...some laughed because there was no other emotion left. Where was I? I was sitting around her kitchen table helping with funeral arrangements. What songs? What verses? Stories about her faith were shared. I sat around with my family and we had bibles open and God conversations were happening. God conversations in the most tender moment..the moment before life gives way to death and death opens the door for heaven. It was a sacred moment for so many reasons. The biggest reason to me: that was the FIRST time in my life that I had sat around with those particular family members and we talked about God, Jesus, and the forever faithfulness of our God. Wow.
The wait provided a moment for family around the table-with a bible while our loved one slowly fades down the hallway.
That's how God uses us in the last moments. Jack Kevorkian and his followers have completely missed the point. Cancer, ailments, and other various diseases are so small when we look at the big picture.
God's not done until He says He's done. I love Him. :)
P.S. I still hate cancer though...
wow, what an awesome perspective...prayers for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteMary, what a tender and precious article this was. Thanks for sharing your heart, it touched my heart. And sparked tender memories of my dad's own journey into the arms of Jesus. Times of precious moments shared with both my earthly and heavenly Father. ~ Praying for both you and your lved ones.
ReplyDelete