In the past 48 hours I've had two significant conversations with two significant people in my life. What have I learned? We are all constantly involved in a struggle. The struggle makes us do crazy things at times. It makes us sit up seeking Jesus through cinema, it leaves us on a couch waiting to make sense of a mess, and it leaves us apologizing for the things we do wrong.
I'm concerned that my life feels more like a Counting Crows song than it does a Chris Tomlin one. Why? I am closer to Jesus than I've ever been in my adult life.
Welcome to the struggle. It appears that everyone is on the same train. There is some comfort in that.
Just had to post here for two primary reasons; a) I love you (and still want to get together soon, please) and b) I think it's a good thing that you're mixing Counting Crows and Jesus music. In my experience, when the two can live together, you're moving forward - that's the way it was with me. CC and Tomlin are not mutually exclusive; in fact, they complement each other...
ReplyDeleteSee, to me, when some very honest, human lyric and melody can resonate within the heart of a Christ-follower, you've got a good thing going - it's progress. Because the truth of who we are - in our humanity, authentically, honestly, raw, transparent - is at the center of who we need Jesus to be.
This was a great post.
Are you going to do the cardboard thing on Sunday? You have something to say, girl...
much love...
Beth,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your words. You always just make it make sense. I love you...more than words.
I will not be at church tomorrow. I'm supposed to go with Andy to visit another one. I will be buying the dvd because I can only imagine how powerful that service will be. I always hate missing PCC.
Dinner one night next week? I still want to do that.
love you...