#8 Everyone has A song that feels as if they wrote it. Mine? "Inside Out" by Joel Houston. I first heard that song in the summer of '08. My world had collapsed. I was forced to deal with the loss of my dad and the 9 months of sorrow that I had all but ignored. Beth Brawley made me 8 worship cds. On one of them was the song, "Inside Out." I lay there with my headphones on and I sobbed. God sent that song to me. It permeates every ounce of me.
That song & all that is holds owns me-all of my brokeness becomes whole. My life makes sense: the pain, the hurt, the joy, the laughter, all of it.
Simply put...i love it. God continuously speaks to me through that song. It's the one song where my hands almost always go up. I can do nothing but worship during those 4 1/2 minutes.
Oh, and I do love it when Joel sings it in spanish. Holy moly.
Holy moly indeed.
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading these. I love them.