I spent most of this week in prayer. I hate to admit it but I don't remember the last time I prayed this much.
My prayers this week owned me. Covering things like: Haiti, a friend who has a child who's dying, the girls in my youth group, the random violence going on around us, and some of my own personal things.
I felt lost. I kept asking myself, "WHAT can I DO?!" The answer? Love the people around you. Like, really love them. Go out of your way to make them know they are appreciated.I always think this but I get so caught up in my life that I forget.
It felt good. I created. I gave. I used a lot of gifts that God has given me.
I can breathe easier. Love that. It helps make my broken feel whole.
My goal is to continue this. To reach out and to intentionally love people. Right now. I believe that's where it all starts . People need to know they matter. They need to know they're loved.
What about you? Who are you going to send some lovin' to this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment