I've been thinking a lot lately about God, my faith, and how all of that works into my life. Well, what happened was a mess. I've made God far too complicated. Always questioning, wondering, stressing instead of just enjoying. It sounds so simple...well, because it is. *Let me just say that I think it's good to question and wonder...but when you start to stress about that (which I did) it was too overwhelming.
The thing is is that I would've given you a long talk about how simple God really is. How WE make Him too complicated. How WE box Him in. Because I know all of that but I just wasn't getting all of that.
I stressed about how much I read, how much I understood, how much...how much...how much. It became too much. I was drowning in all of the information, the reading, and the music. Now, that's not a bad thing...the bad thing was that I was forgetting to enjoy it all. Ha..so simple.
It's weird because in no other area do I have to tell myself...ENJOY it. When I hang out with friends I don't say to myself, well, you better enjoy this. When I have quiet time I don't say, enjoy this. However, the biggest area of my life...no, no that doesn't sound right. My faith is my life. It consumes my life. I love that.
I'm also learning to ENJOY it. To.simply.enjoy.it.
Matthew 7:18 Just trying to be a good tree. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment