I'm sitting in my livingroom and it's a mess. The tree is down, the ornaments are safe in their boxes, a slew of decorations are strewn across my kitchen table, and newly unwrapped gifts are being enjoyed.
{sigh}
God did some incredible things to my heart this Christmas. This was the first Christmas, in a long time, where I enjoyed every second. I appreciated the Christmas music I heard. I laughed with family and friends. I received and gave with so much joy. He helped me open my home to family/friends. He helped me to not freak out when every little thing didn't go as planned. He gave me some quiet time to reflect on the multitude of blessings that surround me.
So, in my wrecked livingroom, I sit humbled by this holiday season. Family, friends, joy, a wedding, hospitality, and so much more. The person in me that is broken feels a lil more put together.
{love that}
"You carry me, my God."-Leeland
No comments:
Post a Comment