I will admit that I am an emotional person. Like it or love it-it just seems to be who I am. I don't mask things well, nor do I keep quiet very often about how I am feeling.
I'm not a fan of always acting/reacting the way that I do.
Is this something I can change? Or is it just part of my genetic make-up? I don't know. I only notice it being a problem when I am sad or angry. People don't tend to mind if you cry because you are happy.
Sometimes, I think I feel more than my own heart/mind can even comprehend. It's overwhelming. My biggest fear is that it'll push people away.
How do I control that?
I think you always have to be yourself.
ReplyDeleteBut I know that up until about a year ago, I was EXTREMELY emotional. With my coworkers. I cried at almost every staff meeting. I had a very difficult time managing my emotions.
And then Brian led us through some exercises together that explored issues of trust.
And everything changed. Once I got down to the core of what felt so tenuous and shaky in my life, I found myself a lot less emotionally reactive.
It was interesting.
It took a long time.
Be yourself, and don't be afraid to ask those difficult questions of yourself. And give other people permission to ask you, too.
Might not be the same as your experience, but it's mine....just thought I'd share.
I love you.....