11.24.2008

Perception is 100% truth...

Tonight two of my very good friends came over for dinner. They are married with two little ones and they have always included me in their "family dinner nights." I am extremely thankful for them. When I moved into my house a couple of years ago both of my parents were worried that I wouldn't have neighbors or anyone to take care of me. Well, little did we know that the sweetest family lived 9 minutes away. I also have the pleasure of working with both of them.

Last night we were talking about one's perception on certain situations. The wife of this married couple said, "You know I really think that perception is 100% the truth. You can't convince someone otherwise, and why should you because in their mind that is how it was. It's not that they are being dishonest...that's how they saw it/felt it/experienced it." Now, we did agree that there are exceptions to this, however, it was an appropriate comment to what we were talking about.

I love this family. They are full of advice for me. They love me as if I were in fact family. They have shared their children with me-I adore those kids. When my dad passed away there was not a day that went by that I didn't hear from them. After my surgery they were my first visitors. They have left baskets of soup and magazines on my front porch when I was too sick to move. I can't imagine living two years "on my own" without them. Most importantly, they are two of the reasons that I first came to PCC. They are on my list of people I am thankful for, and blessed to know.

I think every single person should have a christian mentor couple. A couple that puts Christ at the head of their marriage. A couple that chooses to love even when times are hard. A couple that whenever they discipline their children there is always a hug, and an I love you afterwards. A couple that still says, "I love you" even after 11 years of marriage. A couple that will offer accountability. A couple that is secure in their marriage and steps in to "foster" a lost 27 year old. A couple that says, "You know we love you, and you can always call us." A couple that will pray for you...

This family is an excellent example of what God calls us to do. They are living it.


Life.is.good. However, life with this family is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment