11.15.2008

SG Husbands & SG Wives..say whaaat?


In my small group, The Green Room, we have many inside jokes, stories, and moments. But most importantly we have an abundant amount of love. As you can see in the above picture the women out number the men. There are a few more men but for some reason they didn't make it in the picture.
One of our inside jokes is that the girls call themselves the "small group wives" and the boys are the "small group husbands." Really, all this means is that we take care of one another. We take care of one another in numerous ways. We pray. We eat together. We laugh together. We cry with one another. We share our past with one another. We rejoice together. We spoil one another. We do life with one another, and most importantly we have a deep love for one another.
Over a year ago, I would often say that I didn't think that any real Christian men existed. I asked God to show me and holy cow he delivered! He just kept delivering them into my life. I can't count on two hands the number of real Christian men that God has placed in my life. Now, when I say, "real Christian men" I don't mean perfect. Sure, they mess up from time to time but they LOVE God. I love that. They are funny, they are forgiving, they compromise, and they talk about my hero, Jesus.
God has also provided me with so many strong Christian women. The girls above mean so much to me. Their hearts overflow with the love of Jesus. I can't imagine life without them. Once again: they are funny, they are forgiving, they compromise, and they talk about my hero, Jesus.
We are all our own little family. I.love.that. The majority of us in the group are single. At times that's a struggle for each of us but we often reassess and say, "but look at what we do have." We can drop anything when someone is in need. We can spend hours of time together just watching movies, having late night talks, goofing around, and just enjoying the "single life." I'm so thankful for these people, and for the work that God is doing in each one of them. I am so thankful that each one of them strengthens my foundation, and makes my walk with Jesus so much fun.
Who doesn't love that? =)

2 comments:

  1. ahaha! small group wives and husbands! that's so neat...i'm glad you have the green room! it's like a huge group of best friends...and that's one of the best gifts God gives us. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh the green room :D
    and im with ksmoove small group wives and hubby's too funny!!!
    what a blessing to have what yall have too cool!

    ReplyDelete