11.17.2008

Procrastination

I have a confession. I procrastinate really, really, really badly. I've been out of work for 2 straight months. I'm taking a graduate class, and I am SO behind. It's the kind of behind that when you look at what you have to do-your heart sinks. My heart sinks as I write this.

The papers...
The reading...
The blackboard posts...
The times I should've emailed the professor...
The laziness...
The dread...
The lack of motivation...
The lost moments...
The work....

O
V
E
R
W
H
E
L
M
E
D
.
.
.
.

I don't know where to begin. Maybe opening a book would help? Why do I do this? Why can't I find the motivation? It's like I've forgotten my former life (pre-surgery.) I still don't have a lot of energy, and things take me SO long. I can't sit for long, lay for long, walk for long, etc. I can't bend, twist, lift, drive, etc. Some days I feel like I'm merely existing while everyone else is carrying on. ((I feel like that when those four walls are closing in, and day after day I spend in pjs.))

There is ample time to get this work done, but I feel behind. ..::scratch that::. I am behind. It's overwhelming.

Say a prayer...leave some encouragment...

Do you ever feel like this?

3 comments:

  1. Dear God: Help Mary not feel overwhelmed...because you are in charge of all things.
    Okay...now for the motivation. Make a list. Of a couple of things a day. Chances are you are spending more time avoiding and dreading than it would take you to just get it done. So just do a little bit. Each day. And then think how good you will feel.

    For me? This program was my saving grace for the last four years as my life spiraled outta control...in that it was the ONLY thing that only I could control...it was up to me and me only, whether the work got down or whether I was successful in the class or not. Let it be your constant in the trying, frustrating time.

    How was that for motivation and support?

    Love you Dickerson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I didn't know you had a blog! Thanks for leaving me a comment! Do you mind if I add your blog to my blogroll? Now we have another avenue to stay in touch, with more detail and insight!!

    ReplyDelete