Let me translate....
SWCF (Single White Christian Female) seeks SCLM (Single Jesus Lovin' Male)
Okay, so I'm 27. Now, most of you out there would say, "Oh stop your whinin'. You are young, you have time." Yeah, yeah, yeah. When I was little I dreamed of nothing more than being a wife, and a mama. I laid my plans all out. I'd be married by 24, and kids atleast by 27. Apparently, God has a whole different set of plans. Imagine for a second a 4 year old child wrapped in her parents' fluffy, white comforter marching the length of her parents' upstairs. That was me. That was me my entire childhood.
Don't you ever just wonder? Like, what is God's plan for MY life? What does He want ME to do? When will it all happen?
I would just like a little whisper of what's waiting for me. Sarah told me one time, "Jesus won't leave your heart on a shelf and forget about it." Sometimes I wonder if my heart is on a really, really (like tiptoey high) shelf. Of course, isn't that boxing God/Jesus in?
The older I get the more wedding invitations I get, and the more baby showers I attend. It seems that everyone else is hitting that milestone...and I'm still stuck. I don't like that.
Ugh. Patience is not really something I do very well.
How encouraging to know that someone else wonders if their life makes a difference for the Lord and loved ones. Someone once told the long days turn into short years. They were right!! As I watch 5 children grow each day, I see Jesus in them & I know that it didn't "just happen". Thank God for his faithfulness.
ReplyDeleteman I read this and sighed...and must admit I was like "Hey God...could you answer this one pleasssssse?" I am not gonna say all those cliche things like "the perfect one is out there somewhere". I am just gonna agree with you that I wish He would hurry up and bring that 'perfect one' to you NOW! Love you much and much xoxoxo
ReplyDeletemurrry lizbeth deary i love the swcf sjlm!! bahaha that is so great! and you've made my day quoting me! i know how it feels to long for God's whipser the reasurance and security that it can bring.that ayyye Jesus- say something please! give me so hope that dere be somebody coming...say something...anything please! that little hope. my mom and other's remind me often that maybe your up on that high shelf for a reason- maybe he's protecting you from things or scum ( my word for the guys worth avoiding) that you cannot see. my new fave songwriter brook fraser in her song faithful says this... "when i cant feel you i have learned to reach out just the same- when i can't hear you, i know you still hear every word i pray and i want you more than i wanna live another day and as i wait for you maybe i'm made more faithful."
ReplyDeletewaiting for God makes us more faithful- and isn't that what God's wants us to be- to fully trust him. Like you i have no patience so its freakin hard for me too! :)
no one can really tell you when-where-time-place-or how you'll find that sjlm- BUT YOU better believe no matter what age you are when it happens you'll be a beautiful wifey and I KNOW FOR A FACT a wonderful mommy.
*all of your life
in every season
God is still God.
member his promise "and in all things we know that God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose." romans 8:28
he's got you- and won't leave you up on dat shelf. that might be cliche but it's the truth besides god aint no fairytale he's the real deal.