I can't help but to think of all the people in this world that are hurting. The people who are turning to all sorts of things-instead of turning to the one who heals all-Jesus. I am guilty of this as well. I can't figure out how we got here? How did we all acquire so much baggage? Does it come from how we were raised, who we have put ourselves around? Probably a little bit of both.
We distort our lives, and our reality so much. We distort how others view us, how God views us, and even how we view ourselves. Just when we try to get ourselves together-BAM-Satan will strike. He knows just what spot to hit that hurts. My heart breaks when he does this. It breaks when he does it to me, and it breaks when he does it to others.
When Satan strikes me, and I have my moment...it sucks. But I find it easier to relate to Jesus. I mean Jesus was tempted by so many things, but he obediently walked by faith. He knew what God was going to do. He struggled, and even asked that "God let this cup pass from me." On the cross, he asked, "Why have you forsaken me?" I get it. I get it. Even Jesus knew pain, He knew tears, and He knew the power in the healing of walking a Christ filled life. I love Jesus. I always think, man how cool it must've been to be around in His time. But, He's here now...He was in the past, He is in the present, and He most definately is in the future.
What do you struggle with? If, you could touch the robe of Jesus, then what would you ask Him to heal? *Read* (Matthew 9:20-22) Jesus can take any past hurt, any present hurt, and use it to glorify God. What is even cooler about this is that He will take it and mold you into a better person. You don't get lost just because you pick up and follow Him. He makes you new. He makes you full.
That leaves me in awe. I didn't know this a year ago. If you pray, pray that God will mend the broken, and heal the sick. After all, Jesus said, "I didn't come for the healthy....I came for the sick." *Read* (Mark 2:17)
Life is hard-no doubt. Sometimes I think following Jesus is harder. I mean you have to question so much, and deal with so many of your own personal demons. However, what a great place I am in-even on the bad days.
Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment